Marvin's Chapel United Methodist Church

 

    

Marvin's Chapel United Methodist Church

130 Gosling Marsh Road,

Martinsburg, WV

304-263-2467

 

Joanna Marceron, Pastor

 

E-Mail: jjmdiaconal@msn.com

Website:

 

SUNDAY SERVICES

 

Worship service at 11:00 AM 

Sunday School at 9:45 AM

 

History of Marvin's Chapel

 

Marvin Chapel has been worshipping and praising God in Martinsburg since before the Civil War.  A school house was used to meet in and was destroyed during the war. The next building was completed in 1881. In 1937, the building was destroyed by fire and the first service in the new building was on March 27, 1938. An educational wing was built in 1966 and then the sanctuary was enlarged. The handicap ramp was added in 1996 and the electronic bells began to play in 1998. Plans for the new gathering Hall, kitchen and bathrooms were begun in 2001 and completed in 2005. That provided the opportunity for the monthly free soup and sandwich dinner open to all to attend for free food and loving  fellowship. Marvin Chapel has been attending to the spiritual needs of the community for over 150 years.